Division 3 Enforcement of certain directions
237 Manner and form in which directions to be
(1) A direction under this Act must be in writing, may be served
personally or by post and may be varied or revoked by a further direction in
writing so served.
(2) A direction under section 93, 95, 103, 104 or 107 may instead be
given orally in cases of emergency.
(3) A direction under section 230 may be given
238 Roads authority may give effect to direction and recover
(1) A roads authority may take such action as is necessary to give
effect to a direction under this Act if the direction is not complied with in
accordance with its terms.
(2) The costs incurred by a roads authority in taking action under
this section are recoverable from the person to whom the direction was given,
as a debt, in a court of competent jurisdiction.
(3) The costs incurred by an authorised officer in exercising any
function under Division 2 as a result of the failure of any person to comply
with a direction under that Division with respect to a vehicle are recoverable
by the appropriate roads authority from the owner of the vehicle, as a debt,
in a court of competent jurisdiction.
(4) Nothing in this section authorises a roads authority to recover an
amount greater than that necessary to give effect to the