Public Sector Management Act 1988 No 33
114 Conduct of investigations
(1) Subject to this Part, in an investigation, the Board:
(a) is to act with as little formality as possible,
(b) may inform itself on any matter in any way it thinks fit and is
not bound by the rules of evidence, and
(c) may receive information or submissions in the form of oral or
written statements, and
(d) may consult with such persons as it thinks
(2) The investigation is to be conducted in private as far as
possible, and accordingly the Board is not to conduct public hearings, public
seminars and public workshops except with the approval of the
(3) Nothing in this section prevents the Board from holding one or
more meetings for the purposes of the investigation, but all such meetings are
to be held privately.
(4) The Board is required to seek and consider submissions from the
public trading agency that is the subject of the complaint to which the
investigation relates and the Treasurer, but is not required to seek or
consider submissions from any other person.
(5) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to the
conduct of investigations.