Constitution Act 1902 No 32
53 Removal from judicial office
(1) No holder of a judicial office can be removed from the office,
except as provided by this Part.
(2) The holder of a judicial office can be removed from the office by
the Governor, on an address from both Houses of Parliament in the same
session, seeking removal on the ground of proved misbehaviour or
(3) Legislation may lay down additional procedures and requirements to
be complied with before a judicial officer may be removed from
(4) This section extends to term appointments to a judicial office,
but does not apply to the holder of the office at the expiry of such a
(5) This section extends to acting appointments to a judicial office,
whether made with or without a specific term.