249 Fixing and payment of annual fees for the
(1) A council must pay the mayor an annual
(2) The annual fee must be paid in addition to the fee paid to the
mayor as a councillor.
(3) A council may fix the annual fee and, if it does so, it must fix
the annual fee in accordance with the appropriate determination of the
(4) A council that does not fix the annual fee must pay the
appropriate minimum fee determined by the Remuneration
(5) A council may pay the deputy mayor (if there is one) a fee
determined by the council for such time as the deputy mayor acts in the office
of the mayor. The amount of the fee so paid must be deducted from the
mayor’s annual fee.