Local Government Act 1993 No 30
(1) The council must not grant an approval in relation to a matter for
which this Act or a regulation requires the council to obtain the concurrence
of some other person or authority unless the council has obtained the
concurrence of the person or authority.
(2) The person or authority may give the council notice that the
concurrence may be assumed with such qualifications or conditions as are
specified in the notice.
(3) The person or authority may amend its notice by a further
(4) An approval given in accordance with a notice in force under this
section is as valid as it would be if the council had obtained the concurrence
of the person or authority concerned.
(5) Concurrence is to be assumed if at least 40 days have passed since
concurrence was sought and the person or authority has not, within that
period, expressly refused concurrence.