Local Government Act 1993 No 30
101 Date from which approval operates
(1) An approval operates from the date specified for the purpose in
the notice under section 99 or 100, subject to this section and section
(2) If an appeal is made (and not withdrawn) against an approval
granted on the determination of an application, the approval does not operate
until the date of the decision on that appeal, except where that decision is
to refuse approval.
(3) An approval is void and (except for the purposes of section 176)
is taken never to have been granted if an appeal under section 176 is
dismissed and approval is refused.
(4) If a determination is made by refusing approval or if an
application is taken by section 105 to have been so determined, and the
decision on the appeal made under section 176 in respect of that determination
has the effect of granting approval, the decision is taken to be an approval
granted under this Part and the approval operates from the date of that
(5) An approval in respect of an application that is taken to have
been approved under section 72 operates from the date on which it is taken to
have been approved.