Local Government Act 1993 No 30
100 Review of determination
(1) An applicant may request the council to review a determination of
the applicant’s application.
(2) The request for a review must be made within 28 days after the
date of the determination.
(3) An approved fee must, if required by the council, be paid in
connection with a request for a review.
(4) The council may review the determination and, as a consequence of
its review, may confirm or change the
(4A) The decision whether or not to review the determination must not
be made by the person who made the determination, unless that person was the
council, but is to be made by a person who is qualified under subsection (5)
to make the review.
(5) If the council reviews the determination, the review must be made
(a) if the determination was made by a delegate of the
council—the council or another delegate of the council who is not
subordinate to the delegate who made the determination, or
(b) if the determination was made by the council—the
(6) The council must give notice of the result of the review to the
applicant as soon as practicable after the review.
(7) The date of review must be endorsed on the
(8) If, as a consequence of a review, the council changes a
determination, the changed determination replaces the earlier determination as
from the date of the review.
(9) A determination on a review may not be further reviewed under this