Local Government Act 1993 No 30
66 Appointment of administrator
(1) The Minister for Land and Water Conservation may, with the concurrence of the Minister for Local Government, by order published in the Gazette, appoint an administrator to exercise all the functions under this Division, or specified functions under this Act, of a council.
(2) Such an order may not be made until after a public inquiry concerning the exercise by the council of the relevant functions has been held.
(3) The appointment of one or more persons as a commissioner or commissioners to hold the public inquiry may, despite section 740, be made by the Minister for Land and Water Conservation with the concurrence of the Minister for Local Government.
(4) The administrator is to be paid a salary determined by the Minister for Land and Water Conservation with the concurrence of the Minister for Local Government from the council’s funds.
(5) An administrator has, during the administrator’s term of office and to the exclusion of the council, the functions the administrator was appointed to exercise.
(6) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to:
• the appointment and term of office of an administrator
• an administrator’s accommodation, and the accommodation of persons assisting the administrator, at the offices of the council
• the assistance to be rendered to an administrator by the council’s employees.