Local Government Act 1993 No 30
54G Contents of environmental upgrade agreement
(1) An environmental upgrade agreement must specify the
(a) the environmental upgrade works to be carried out by or on behalf
of the building owner under the agreement,
(b) the amount of the advance or advances to be made by the finance
provider under the agreement,
(c) the arrangements for repayment of the advance or advances (the
(2) The agreed repayment arrangements may require the council to levy
a charge (an environmental
upgrade charge) for the purpose of discharging the building
owner’s obligation to repay the advance or advances made by the finance
provider under the agreement (including any interest or other charges payable
under the agreement).
(3) The agreed repayment arrangements must specify:
(a) the amount of the environmental upgrade charge or charges to be
levied by the council under the agreement (or a method for calculating the
amount of the charge or charges), and
(b) the date or dates on which the charge or charges are to be levied
by the council, and
(c) any adjustments to be made to the charge or charges in the event
of late payment.
(4) Money paid to a council in respect of an environmental upgrade
charge is to be paid by the council to the finance provider in accordance with
the environmental upgrade agreement.
(5) An environmental upgrade agreement may permit the early repayment
of any amount payable under the agreement.
(6) An environmental upgrade agreement must be in
(7) An environmental upgrade agreement may include any other
provisions agreed to by the parties.
(8) An environmental upgrade agreement may be varied or terminated by
further agreement between the council, the finance provider and the building
owner for the time being.