Local Government Act 1993 No 30
Part 2 Regulations
(1) The Governor may make regulations, not inconsistent with this Act,
for or with respect to any matter that by this Act is required or permitted to
be prescribed or that is necessary or convenient to be prescribed for carrying
out or giving effect to this Act.
(2) In particular, the regulations may make provision for or with
respect to a matter specified in Schedule 6.
(3) The regulations may create offences in connection with elections
and polls under this Act by adopting, with such modifications as are
necessary, any of the provisions of the Parliamentary Electorates and Elections Act
(4) The regulations may create an offence punishable by a penalty not
exceeding 10 penalty units or, in the case of an offence created as referred
to in subsection (3), not exceeding the penalty provided for the corresponding
offence in the Parliamentary Electorates and
Elections Act 1912.
(5) The regulations may incorporate by reference, wholly or in part
and with or without modification, any standards, rules, codes, specifications
or methods, as in force at a particular time or as in force from time to time,
prescribed or published by any authority or body, whether or not it is a New
South Wales authority or body.