Local Government Act 1993 No 30
606A Estimates of coastal protection service
(1) A council must, on request, provide a person who would be liable
to pay an annual charge for coastal protection services in relation to
proposed coastal protection works with an estimate of the person’s
liability for that annual charge (if the council were to make such a charge)
for each of the following 5 years.
(2) A request for an estimate under subsection (1) must include any
information required by the council in order to make the estimate, including
but not limited to, information relating to proposed coastal protection works
such as the location and type of works and their expected on-site and off-site
(3) A request for an estimate under subsection (1) is to be
accompanied by a fee determined by the council to cover the council’s
reasonable costs in providing the estimate.
(4) A council must provide the estimate within 30 days of the
submission of the request (including the required information) and
(5) An estimate provided by the council does not bind or limit the
council in the making or levying of a charge for coastal protection services
under this Act.