440G Formal censure of councillor for misbehaviour
(1) A council may by resolution at a meeting formally censure a
councillor for misbehaviour.
(2) A formal censure resolution may not be passed except by a motion
to that effect of which notice has been duly given in accordance with
regulations made under section 360 and, if applicable, the council’s
code of meeting practice.
(3) A council may pass a formal censure resolution only if it is
satisfied that the councillor has misbehaved on one or more
(4) The council must specify in the formal censure resolution the
grounds on which it is satisfied that the councillor should be
(5) A motion for a formal censure resolution may, without limitation,
be moved on the report of a committee of the council and any such report must
be recorded in the minutes of the meeting of the