Local Government Act 1993 No 30
375A Recording of voting on planning matters
(1) In this section, planning
decision means a decision made in the exercise of a function of a
council under the Environmental Planning
and Assessment Act 1979:
(a) including a decision relating to a development application, an
environmental planning instrument, a development control plan or a development
contribution plan under that Act, but
(b) not including the making of an order under Division 2A of Part 6
of that Act.
(2) The general manager is required to keep a register containing, for
each planning decision made at a meeting of the council or a council
committee, the names of the councillors who supported the decision and the
names of any councillors who opposed (or are taken to have opposed) the
(3) For the purpose of maintaining the register, a division is
required to be called whenever a motion for a planning decision is put at a
meeting of the council or a council committee.
(4) Each decision recorded in the register is to be described in the
register or identified in a manner that enables the description to be obtained
from another publicly available document, and is to include the information
required by the regulations.
(5) This section extends to a meeting that is closed to the