Division 1 Code of meeting practice
360 Conduct of meetings of councils and committees
(1) The regulations may make provision with respect to the conduct of
meetings of councils and committees of councils of which all the members are
(2) A council may adopt a code of meeting practice that incorporates
the regulations made for the purposes of this section and supplements those
regulations with provisions that are not inconsistent with
(3) A council and a committee of the council of which all the members
are councillors must conduct its meetings in accordance with the code of
meeting practice adopted by it.
361 Preparation, public notice and exhibition of draft
(1) Before adopting a code of meeting practice, a council must prepare
a draft code.
(2) The council must give public notice of the draft code after it is
(3) The period of public exhibition must not be less than 28
(4) The public notice must also specify a period of not less than 42
days after the date on which the draft code is placed on public exhibition
during which submissions may be made to the
(5) The council must publicly exhibit the draft code in accordance
with its notice.
362 Adoption of draft code
(1) After considering all submissions received by it concerning the
draft code, the council may decide:
(a) to amend those provisions of its draft code that supplement the
regulations made for the purposes of section 360, or
(b) to adopt the draft code as its code of meeting
(2) If the council decides to amend its draft code, it may publicly
exhibit the amended draft in accordance with this Division or, if the council
is of the opinion that the amendments are not substantial, it may adopt the
amended draft code without public exhibition as its code of meeting
363 Amendment of the code
A council may amend a code adopted under this Part by means only
of a code so adopted.
364 Public availability of the code
(1) The code of meeting practice adopted under this Division by a
council must be available for public inspection free of charge at the office
of the council during ordinary office hours.
(2) Copies of the code must be available free of charge or, if the
council determines, on payment of the approved fee.