Conveyancers Licensing Act 2003 No 3
44 Attempts to resolve costs dispute
(1) The Tribunal may, on notification of a costs dispute, take any
action that it considers necessary to resolve the
(2) On notification of a costs dispute, the Tribunal must determine
whether the subject-matter of the dispute should be assessed by an independent
expert and may, if it considers it appropriate, refer the dispute to an
independent expert for assessment.
(3) An independent expert may be selected from a panel of experts
approved by the Chairperson of the Tribunal.
(4) An independent expert to whom a costs dispute is referred under
this section must prepare a written report on the dispute and provide a copy
of it to the parties and to the Tribunal within the time limit specified by
(5) Nothing in this section prevents the Tribunal from referring a
costs dispute for mediation or neutral evaluation under the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal Act