8 Board to keep a register
(1) The board shall cause a register to be kept which shall contain
the names, addresses, and qualifications of all surveyors, the respective
dates on which they were registered, and such other matters as the board may
think fit or as may be prescribed.
(2) The board shall cause a notification of the registration of every
surveyor to be published in the Gazette.
(3) The board shall, in the month of January in each year, cause a
copy of the register signed by the president to be printed and published by
the Government Printer.
(4) A copy of the register purporting to be printed by the Government
Printer which is for the time being the latest copy so printed shall in all
proceedings be prima facie evidence that the persons whose names are therein
contained, and no others, were surveyors registered under this Act at the time
when the said copy of the register purported to have been so
(5) A document purporting to be a copy of an entry in the register and
to be signed by the president or the registrar shall, in all proceedings, be
prima facie evidence of the existence of such an entry in the register at the
time such document purports to have been so signed.