77 Addition of mineral to mineral mining lease
(1) The holder of a mining lease granted in respect of a mineral or
minerals may apply for the inclusion in the lease of a mineral additional to
the mineral or minerals to which the lease relates.
(2) The application must be lodged with the
(3) The holder of a mining lease over any land must, within 21 days
after lodging the application, serve a copy of the application on each
(4) After considering the application, the decision-maker:
(a) may, by order in writing served on the applicant, direct that the
mining lease apply to the additional mineral specified in the direction,
(b) may refuse the application.
(4A) A direction may be given in respect of a mining (mineral owner)
lease only if the additional mineral is owned by the holder of that
(5) A direction may be given unconditionally or subject to such
conditions as are specified in the direction.
(6) While a direction is in force, the mining lease concerned is taken
to extend to the mineral the subject of the