38 Land subject to exploration licence
(1) If an application for an assessment lease is made in respect of
land that is wholly or partly subject to one or more exploration licences
(other than exploration licences that include any mineral or minerals in
respect of which the assessment lease is sought), the decision-maker must
cause notice of the application to be served on the holder of every such
(2) The holder of an exploration licence served with such a notice may
object to the granting of the assessment lease by lodging with the
Director-General, on or before the date specified in the notice, a written
notice stating the grounds of the objection.
(3) Any such objection is to be taken into consideration by the
decision-maker when determining the application.
(4) This section does not apply to an application that is made with
the written consent of the holder of every exploration licence over the land
(5) A written consent given under this section is