Schedule 2 Savings and transitional provisions
(1) The regulations may contain provisions of a savings or
transitional nature consequent on the enactment of the Statute
Law Revision (Local Government) Act
(2) A provision referred to in subclause (1) may, if the regulations
so provide, take effect from the commencement of this Act or from a later
(3) To the extent that a provision referred to in subclause (1) takes
effect from a date that is earlier than the date of its publication in the
Gazette, the provision does not operate:
(a) to affect, in a manner prejudicial to any person (other than the
State or an authority of the State), the rights of the person existing before
the date of publication, or
(b) to impose liabilities on any person (other than the State or an
authority of the State) in respect of anything done or omitted to be done
before the date of publication.
2 Transitional provision for the recovery of rates
(1) A rate levied in respect of land within a district that has not
been paid before the amendment of section 55 by the Statute Law
Revision (Local Government) Act 1995 may be recovered as if
the section had not been so amended.
(2) Proceedings for the recovery of such a rate commenced, but not
completed, before that amendment may be completed as if the section had not
been so amended.