Division 1 Valuations
38 Appointment of valuer
(1) Each board shall, from time to time, appoint a valuer who shall
make valuations in accordance with this Act.
(2) A valuer appointed under this Act shall determine the increased
value accrued, accruing or to accrue to each portion of land within the
district by reason of works used or proposed to be used by the
(3) The provisions contained in the Schedule shall apply to valuations
made under this Act.
39 Valuations for existing boards
(1) The board of each of the unions and trusts which are deemed to
have been constituted under Part 2 shall appoint a valuer for the purposes of
section 38 within sixty days after the commencement of this
(2) A valuer appointed under this section shall make the valuations
within three months of his or her appointment.
(3) The Ministerial Corporation may, upon application by a
(a) extend the time for the appointment of a
(b) authorise that an appointment be not made under this section,
(c) extend the time for making the
(4) Valuations made under this section shall come into force on the
first day of January, one thousand nine hundred and
40 Valuations for new boards
The first valuation made for a board constituted after the
commencement of this Act shall come into force either on the first day of
January preceding or the same day following the making as the board may
41 Valuations after first valuation
A valuation made after the first valuation in accordance with
section 39 or section 40 shall come into force on the first day of January
next following the making.