Superannuation Act 1916 No 28
8B Adjustment of reserves resulting from actuarial
(1) STC may adjust the reserves within the Fund if a report by an
actuary under section 10, or by an actuary otherwise appointed by STC,
recommends that the adjustment be made. The adjustment may be made as at a
date determined by STC, and may be a date before, on or after the commencement
of this section.
(2) STC may only make the adjustment with the consent of the Minister
after the Minister has considered the relevant report of the actuary and with
the advice of the actuary.
(3) STC may adjust the contributors’ reserve or an employer
reserve under this section despite any other provision of this
(4) STC must publish in the Gazette a notice containing a description
of any adjustments made to reserves under this
(5) STC’s decision to adjust a reserve under this section is
binding on all contributors and employers, unless affected by a subsequent
decision under this section.