Petroleum (Offshore) Act 1982 No 23
76 Register of certain instruments to be kept
(1) For the purposes of this Part, the Minister shall keep a Register of titles and special prospecting authorities granted by the Minister.
(2) The Minister shall enter in the Register a memorial in respect of each title or special prospecting authority:
(a) specifying the name of the holder of the title or special prospecting authority,
(b) in the case of a permit, lease or licence, setting out an accurate description (including, where convenient, a map) of the permit area, lease area or licence area,
(c) in the case of a special prospecting authority or an access authority, setting out an accurate description (including, where convenient, a map) of the area in respect of which the special prospecting authority or access authority is in force,
(d) in the case of a pipeline licence, setting out a description of the route of the pipeline,
(e) specifying the term of the title or special prospecting authority,
(f) setting out such other matters and things as are required by this Part to be entered in the Register, and
(g) setting out such further matters relating to the registered holder or to the terms and conditions of the title or special prospecting authority as the Minister deems proper and expedient in the public interest.
(3) The Minister shall enter in the Register a memorial of:
(a) any instrument varying, cancelling, surrendering or otherwise affecting a title or special prospecting authority,
(b) any instrument under section 60 (5), (6) or (7),
(c) any agreement under section 110, and
(d) any instrument varying or revoking an instrument referred to in paragraph (a) or (b).
(4) It is a sufficient compliance with the requirements of subsection (2) or (3) if the Minister enters a copy of the title, special prospecting authority or instrument in the Register.
(6) The Minister shall endorse on the memorial or copy of the title, special prospecting authority or instrument a memorandum of the date upon which the memorial or copy was entered in the Register.