Petroleum (Offshore) Act 1982 No 23
(1) The Minister may, either generally or as otherwise provided by the
instrument of delegation, by writing signed by the Minister delegate to a
person any of the Minister’s powers or functions under this Act or the
regulations, other than this power of delegation.
(2) A power or function so delegated, when exercised or performed by
the delegate, shall, for the purposes of this Act or the regulations, be
deemed to have been exercised or performed by the
(3) A delegation under this section may be expressed as a delegation
to the person for the time being holding, or performing the duties of, a
specified office under the Commonwealth, a State or a
(4) A delegation under this section made at any time by a person who
is at that time the Minister continues in force notwithstanding that at some
subsequent time a different person is the Minister or there is no person who
is the Minister, but such a delegation may be revoked or varied by any person
who is for the time being the Minister.
(5) A delegation under this section of a power or function does not
prevent the exercise of the power or the performance of the function by the
(6) A copy of each instrument making, varying or revoking a delegation
shall be published in the Gazette.