Land Acquisition (Just Terms Compensation) Act 1991 No 22
71 Claims for compensation under this Part
(1) A person who wishes to claim compensation under this Part must
lodge a claim for compensation in accordance with this section with the
authority of the State liable to pay the
(2) A claim for compensation must be in the form prescribed by the
regulations or (if no such form is prescribed) in the form approved by the
(3) A claim for compensation may be withdrawn by the
(4) The authority of the State may accept a claim for compensation (in
whole or in part) or reject any such claim.
(5) A claim for compensation is taken to have been rejected if the
authority of the State has not dealt with the claim within 60 days after
receiving the claim. However, the authority of the State is not precluded from
accepting the claim after that time.
(6) A person whose claim for compensation is rejected (or taken to be
rejected) or is accepted in part only may appeal to the Land and Environment
Court against that decision. Section 67 applies to any such appeal in the same
way as it applies to an appeal under that section.
(7) The regulations may apply any of the provisions of Part 3 relating
to claims for compensation under that Part (with or without modifications) to
claims for compensation under this Part.