Mine Subsidence Compensation Act 1961 No 22
6 Body corporate
(1) The Board shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and
a common seal and may sue and be sued in its corporate name; and shall for the
purposes and subject to the provisions of this Act be capable of purchasing,
holding, granting, demising, disposing of or otherwise dealing with real and
personal property and of doing and suffering all such other acts and things as
bodies corporate may by law do and suffer.
(2) For the purposes of carrying out the powers, authorities, duties
and functions conferred or imposed upon the Board by this Act the Board upon
such terms and conditions as are approved by the Minister of the Department
concerned may make use of the services of any of the officers and employees of
the Public Service.
(3) No matter or thing done, and no contract entered into by the
Board, and no matter or thing done by any member of the Board or by any other
person whomsoever acting under the direction of the Board shall, if the matter
or thing was done or the contract was entered into bona fide for the purpose
of executing this Act, subject them or any of them personally to any action,
liability, claim or demand whatsoever.
(4) The Board shall cause minutes of its decisions to be kept upon the
official papers, and cause minutes to be kept of the proceedings at formal
(5) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Coal Mine Health and Safety Act
2002, the Board shall for the purposes of this Act have access
to any plans, descriptions or records of a mine deposited in the