Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 No 203
118AA Planning assessment panels
(1) The bodies listed in Part 1 of Schedule 5B from time to time are
established by this Act as planning assessment
(2) A planning assessment panel is a body corporate with the corporate
name specified in Part 1 of Schedule 5B.
(3) A planning assessment panel is a statutory body representing the
Crown and has the status, privileges and immunities of the
(4) A planning assessment panel is to consist of such members (being
not less than 3 and not more than 5) as are appointed by the
(5) The members of the planning assessment panel are to be persons who
together have, in the opinion of the Minister, relevant skills and knowledge
in planning and development matters.
(6) The Minister is to appoint a member of the planning assessment
panel as the chairperson of the planning assessment
(7) Part 2 of Schedule 5B has effect with respect to the members of
planning assessment panels.
(7A) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to the
procedures of planning assessment panels.
(8) A planning assessment panel is, in the exercise of its functions,
subject to the control and direction of the
(9) A planning assessment panel is to provide the Minister with such
information and material as the Minister may require in relation to its
policies, programs and procedures.
(10) Despite subsection (8), a planning assessment panel is not subject
to the control of the Minister in determining a development
(11) The Minister may, by order published on the NSW legislation
website, amend Part 1 of Schedule 5B for the purpose of:
(a) establishing a planning assessment panel, or
(b) abolishing a planning assessment panel, or
(c) changing the name of a planning assessment
(12) Any such order may contain savings and transitional