Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 No 203
118AA Planning assessment panels
(1) The bodies listed in Part 1 of Schedule 5B from time to time are established by this Act as planning assessment panels.
(2) A planning assessment panel is a body corporate with the corporate name specified in Part 1 of Schedule 5B.
(3) A planning assessment panel is a statutory body representing the Crown and has the status, privileges and immunities of the Crown.
(4) A planning assessment panel is to consist of such members (being not less than 3 and not more than 5) as are appointed by the Minister.
(5) The members of the planning assessment panel are to be persons who together have, in the opinion of the Minister, relevant skills and knowledge in planning and development matters.
(6) The Minister is to appoint a member of the planning assessment panel as the chairperson of the planning assessment panel.
(7) Part 2 of Schedule 5B has effect with respect to the members of planning assessment panels.
(7A) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to the procedures of planning assessment panels.
(8) A planning assessment panel is, in the exercise of its functions, subject to the control and direction of the Minister.
(9) A planning assessment panel is to provide the Minister with such information and material as the Minister may require in relation to its policies, programs and procedures.
(10) Despite subsection (8), a planning assessment panel is not subject to the control of the Minister in determining a development application.
(11) The Minister may, by order published on the NSW legislation website, amend Part 1 of Schedule 5B for the purpose of:
(a) establishing a planning assessment panel, or
(b) abolishing a planning assessment panel, or
(c) changing the name of a planning assessment panel.
(12) Any such order may contain savings and transitional provisions.