Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 No 203
115RA Shark meshing
(1) Despite section 115I, this section applies to shark meshing that:
(a) is the subject of both a joint management agreement under Division 8 of Part 7A of the Fisheries Management Act 1994 and a joint management agreement within the meaning of the Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995, and
(b) is not a designated fishing activity.
(2) The provisions of this Part (other than this section) do not apply to or in respect of shark meshing to which this section applies.
(3) Shark meshing to which this section applies cannot be declared to be a project to which Part 3A applies or declared to be State significant infrastructure.
(4) Shark meshing to which this section applies cannot be made subject to a requirement for development consent under Part 4.
(5) An environmental planning instrument cannot prohibit or otherwise regulate shark meshing to which this section applies.