Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 No 203
115K Environmental impact statements to be
(1) An environmental impact statement in respect of a designated
fishing activity must be prepared for the purposes of an environmental
assessment under this Division.
(2) An environmental impact statement is required even if it would not
be required under Division 3 if that Division applied to the carrying out of
the designated fishing activity.
(3) An environmental impact statement is to be prepared in accordance
with the requirements of Division 3, and the regulations under that Division,
relating to the preparation of such statements.
(4) The Fisheries Minister is to make arrangements for the preparation
of an environmental impact statement, including engaging a person to be
responsible for the preparation of the statement.
(5) The Fisheries Minister may, under those arrangements, require the
proponents of the designated fishing activity to provide information or carry
out investigations for the statement and to contribute to the cost of the
preparation of the statement.
(6) As soon as practicable after an environmental impact statement has
been prepared and before public notice is given under section 115L, the
Fisheries Minister is to give a copy of the statement to the