Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 No 203
94EE Minister to determine development contributions
(1) The Minister is, subject to the regulations (if any), to determine the level and nature of development contributions to be imposed as conditions under this Subdivision for the provision of infrastructure in relation to a development or a class of development.
(2) In determining the level and nature of development contributions:
(a) the Minister is, as far as reasonably practicable, to make the contribution reasonable having regard to the cost of the provision of infrastructure in relation to the development or class of development, and
(b) if the cost of that infrastructure exceeds $30 million—the Minister is to consult the Treasurer, and
(c) the Minister is not to take into account infrastructure provided on land other than that within the relevant special contributions area, unless, in the opinion of the Minister, the provision of the infrastructure on such land arises as a result of the development or as a result of a class of development of which the development forms a part.
(3) Despite subsection (2), the Minister may, if he or she sees fit, determine the level and nature of development contributions in the form of a levy of a percentage of the proposed cost of carrying out development or any class of development.
(3A) The determination of the Minister is to identify what part (if any) of a development contribution, that is to be imposed as a condition under this Subdivision, is for the provision of infrastructure by a council or for any one or more of the matters set out in section 94ED (1) (d).
(3B) Any part of a development contribution identified in accordance with subsection (3A):
(a) is, for the purposes of Subdivision 5, taken not to be received by the consent authority under this Subdivision, and
(b) is not to be taken into account in calculating the cost of infrastructure for the purposes of subsection (2) (b), and
(c) is, if the part is identified as being for the provision of infrastructure by a council, to be provided to the council and is to be held and applied by the council in accordance with section 93E, and
(d) is, if the part is identified as being for any one or more of the matters set out in section 94ED (1) (d), to be provided to the Department and is to be held and applied by the Department in accordance with section 93E.
(4) In determining the level and nature of development contributions to be imposed as conditions under this Subdivision for development within a particular special contributions area (other than a growth centre), the Minister is to do one or more of the following:
(a) consult with owners of land in the special contributions area and other relevant stakeholders,
(b) publicly exhibit a proposal in relation to the level of development contributions and seek submissions within a reasonable time in relation to that proposal,
(c) establish a panel that, in the Minister’s opinion, represents the interests of the various relevant stakeholders and consult with that panel.
(5) The determination of the Minister:
(a) is to contain reasons for the level and nature of the development contributions, and
(b) is to be made publicly available by the Minister.
(6) A person cannot appeal to the Court under this Act in respect of a determination of the Minister under this section.