Community Land Management Act 1989 No 202
64 Principal registrar to be satisfied mediation has been attempted before accepting application
(1) The principal registrar must not accept an application for an order under this Part (other than an order under Division 6A) unless satisfied that:
(a) mediation was attempted but was unsuccessful, or
(b) the matter the subject of the application is not appropriate for mediation.
(2) A matter to which an application relates is not appropriate for mediation unless:
(a) it involves a dispute or complaint, and
(b) each person (other than the applicant) involved in the dispute or against whom the complaint is made agrees to have the matter mediated.
(3) If a matter is appropriate for mediation and mediation has not been attempted, the principal registrar must inform the applicant that the applicant should arrange for mediation of the matter.
(4) The applicant may apply to the Director-General for mediation of the matter in accordance with Division 2 or may make other arrangements for the mediation of the matter.
(5) If the principal registrar accepts an application for an order, the principal registrar must deal with the application under Division 2A.