Occupational Health and Safety Act 1983 No 20
57 Guideline judgments on application of Attorney
(1) The Full Bench may give a guideline judgment on application of the
(2) An application for a guideline judgment may include submissions
with respect to the framing of the guidelines.
(3) An application is not to be made in any proceedings before the
Full Bench with respect to any particular person.
(4) The powers and jurisdiction of the Full Bench to give a guideline
judgment in proceedings under this section in relation to an offence are the
same as the powers and jurisdiction that the Court of Criminal Appeal has to
give a guideline judgment in a pending proceeding relating to an offence apart
from section 37 of the Crimes (Sentencing
Procedure) Act 1999.
(5) A guideline judgment under this section may be given separately or
may be included in any judgment of the Full Bench that it considers