414 Constitution of Council
(1) There is constituted by this Act a Co-operatives
(2) The Council is to consist of 9 members appointed by the
(3) Of the 9 members, 4 are to be persons chosen by the Minister from
among persons nominated as provided in section 415.
(4) In making appointments to the Council, the Minister is to have
regard to the desirability of achieving in the composition of the Council an
appropriate diversity of backgrounds, qualifications, experience and interests
in the co-operative sector and an appropriate diversity of representation of
various types and sizes of co-operatives.
(5) Schedule 5 has effect with respect to the members and procedure of