Industrial Relations Act 1996 No 17
204 Referral of matter by State President to Federal
(1) The State President may request the Federal Commission to deal
under this Act with a matter with which the State Commission is empowered to
(2) The State President may revoke that request at any time before the
Federal Commission determines the matter.
(3) The member of the Federal Commission to whom the matter is
allocated has, for the purpose of dealing with the matter, the functions of
the State Commission under this Act (other than a Full Bench of the Commission
or the Commission in Court Session).
(4) The determination of the matter is, for the purposes of this Act,
taken to have been made by a member of the State Commission under this
(5) This section does not apply to a matter that may only be dealt
with by the State Commission in Court Session.