Industrial Relations Act 1996 No 17
182 Recovery of amounts ordered to be paid (other than
(1) For the purposes of the recovery of any amount ordered to be paid
by the Commission (including costs, but not including a criminal or civil
penalty), the amount is to be certified by the Industrial
(2) A certificate given under this section must identify the person
liable to pay the certified amount.
(3) A certificate of the Industrial Registrar that:
(a) is given under this section, and
(b) is filed in the office of a court having jurisdiction to give
judgment for a debt of the same amount as the amount stated in the
operates as such a judgment.
(4) To avoid doubt, an appeal lies to the Commission under Part 7
against any amount certified by the Industrial Registrar under this
(5) To avoid doubt, an appeal lies to a Full Bench of the Commission
under Part 7 against an order by the Commission for the payment of