State Emergency and Rescue Management Act 1989 No 165
61D Use of force
(1) Reasonable force may be used for the purpose of gaining entry to premises to comply with a direction under section 61 but only if the senior police officer:
(a) has authorised in writing the use of force in the particular case, or
(b) has specified in writing the circumstances that are required to exist before force may be used and the particular case falls within those circumstances.
(2) If a police officer authorised to enter premises uses force to do so, the police officer must, as soon as practicable, inform the senior police officer who directed him or her to exercise the function under section 61.
(3) The senior police officer so informed must give notice of the use of force to the Commissioner of Police.
(4) If a person’s property is damaged by the exercise of a right of entry the person is to receive such compensation as may be determined by the Minister for Police, but is not entitled to receive compensation.
(5) A person may apply to the Premier for a review of a determination as to compensation made by the Minister for Police under this section.