48A Special limited review—bail conditions
(1) If an accused person has remained in custody after being granted
bail because any condition of the bail has not been complied with, the
decision in relation to bail may be reviewed pursuant to this Division by way
of a bail condition review:
(a) at the request of the accused person, or
(b) at the request of a police officer, or
(c) of the court’s own motion.
(2) A bail condition review is a review pursuant to this Division of
the decision in relation to bail to the extent only that it relates to the
conditions of bail.
(3) A bail condition review requested under this section by a police
officer is not to be conducted unless the court is satisfied that the request
(a) for the purpose of benefiting the accused person,
(b) with the consent of the accused person.
(4) On a bail condition review, the power to review the bail decision
pursuant to this Division is a power to do any of the following:
(a) to affirm the decision as to the conditions of
(b) to vary the decision by removing or imposing bail
(c) to grant bail unconditionally.
(6) This section does not affect:
(a) the power of a court to review a decision in relation to bail
pursuant to a request under section 48 (1), or
(b) the right of a person to request such a