Health Insurance Levies Act 1982 No 159
16C Authorised agents
(1) In this section, prescribed organisation means:
(a) N.I.B. Health Funds Limited, and
(b) Westfund Limited, and
(c) Australian Health Management Group Pty Limited, and
(d) Grand United Corporate Health Limited, and
(e) an organisation (including a society, body or group of persons which does not conduct a health benefits fund) prescribed by the regulations.
(2) The Minister for Health may appoint a prescribed organisation as an authorised agent for the purposes of collecting contributions and performing other functions under the State Ambulance Insurance Plan and may enter into an agreement with any such organisation for those purposes.
(3) The Minister for Health may revoke any such appointment and terminate any such agreement if the prescribed organisation which is appointed as an authorised agent fails to comply with any requirement:
(a) made by or under this Act,
(b) specified in the agreement, or
(c) made by the Minister for Health from time to time and notified in writing to that organisation.
(4) Where an organisation referred to in subsection (1) (a), (b), (c) or (d) changes its name and the Minister for Health is satisfied that the change of name is not accompanied by any change in the nature of the organisation, the Minister for Health may, by notice published in the Gazette, so certify and, subject to subsection (5), as from the date that the notice is so published, the reference in subsection (1) (a), (b), (c) or (d), as the case may be, shall be read and construed as a reference to the organisation under that changed name.
(5) The power of the Minister for Health under subsection (4) may be exercised in relation to an organisation under a changed name as if the organisation, under that changed name, were referred to in subsection (1).