Public Finance and Audit Act 1983 No 152
56 Procedure of Committee
(1) The procedure for the calling of meetings of the Committee and for
the conduct of business at those meetings shall, subject to this Part, be as
determined by the Committee.
(2) The Clerk of the Legislative Assembly shall call the first meeting
of the Committee in each Parliament in such manner as the Clerk thinks
(3) At a meeting of the Committee, 4 members constitute a
(4) The Chair or, in the absence of the Chair, the Deputy Chair or, in
the absence of both the Chair and Deputy Chair, a member of the Committee
elected to chair the meeting by the members present shall preside at a meeting
of the Committee.
(5) The Deputy Chair or other member presiding at a meeting of the
Committee shall, in relation to the meeting, have all the functions and powers
of the Chair.
(6) The Chair, Deputy Chair or other member presiding at a meeting of
the Committee shall have a deliberative vote and, in the event of an equality
of votes, shall also have a casting vote.
(7) A question arising at a meeting of the Committee shall be
determined by a majority of the votes of the members present and
(8) The Committee may sit and transact business notwithstanding any
prorogation or adjournment of the Legislative
(9) The Committee may sit and transact business on a sitting day of
the Legislative Assembly during the time of the