Casino Control Act 1992 No 15
64 Training courses and certificates of competency for
(1) Certificates of competency for the functions of special employees
are issued by a casino operator.
(2) A casino operator may issue a certificate of competency to a
person for any functions of a special employee only if satisfied that:
(a) the person has completed training in those functions and in
responsible practices for the conduct of gaming, being training provided by
the casino operator, or
(b) the person has completed other training, or has qualifications,
that the casino operator considers appropriate for the exercise of those
functions and that include training or qualifications in responsible practices
for the conduct of gaming.
(3) A casino operator must not issue a certificate of competency
unless the training or qualifications on the basis of which the certificate is
to be issued complies with any standards or other requirements set by the
Authority from time to time.
(4) A certificate of competency must specify the functions of a
special employee for which it is issued and the date of its
(5) A casino operator must maintain records of all training provided
and certificates issued by the operator under this section and must at the
request of the Authority provide the Authority with access to those records
(including records maintained in an electronic
(6) It is a condition of a casino licence that the casino operator
must comply with the requirements of this section.