Subordinate Legislation Act 1989 No 146
11 Governor may postpone repeal by order
(1) The Governor may, by order published on the NSW legislation
website, from time to time postpone by one year the date on which a specified
statutory rule is repealed by section 10.
(2) Such an order is effective to postpone the repeal of the statutory
rule, provided the order is published before the repeal would otherwise take
(3) The repeal of a particular statutory rule may not be postponed on
more than 5 occasions.
(4) The repeal of a statutory rule may not be postponed on a third,
fourth or fifth occasion unless the responsible Minister has given the
Legislation Review Committee at least one month’s written notice of the
(5) The Legislation Review Committee may make such reports to the
responsible Minister and to each House of Parliament as it thinks desirable in
connection with the third, fourth or fifth postponement of the repeal of a
(6) This section does not apply to the regulations referred to in