202 Accrual of interest on overdue rates, charges and other
(1) Interest accrues on rates, charges and other amounts payable to an
authority, the Minister or any other person under this
(2) Interest accrues on a daily basis or on such other basis as is
determined by the authority or person concerned.
(3) The rate of interest is that set by the authority or person
concerned but must not exceed the rate specified for the time being by the
Minister by notice published in the Gazette.
(4) Accrued interest is, for the purpose of its recovery, taken to be
a rate, charge or amount that is due and payable.
(5) Interest continues to accrue on unpaid rates, charges or amounts
even though judgment for payment of the rates, charges or amounts may have
been obtained in a court. Interest is not payable on the judgment debt,
despite any other Act.