25 Minister can authorise councils to make interim heritage orders for items of local heritage significance
(1) The Minister may, by order published in the Gazette, authorise a council to make interim heritage orders for items in the council’s area.
(2) A council authorised under this section may make an interim heritage order for a place, building, work, relic, moveable object or precinct in the council’s area that the council considers may, on further inquiry or investigation, be found to be of local heritage significance, and that the council considers is being or is likely to be harmed.
(3) An interim heritage order made by a council is of no effect in so far as it applies to any of the following items:
(a) an item to which an interim heritage order made by the Minister applies,
(b) an item listed on the State Heritage Register.
(4) An authorisation under this section can be given subject to conditions and a council cannot act in contravention of the conditions of its authorisation.
(5) The Minister may at any time by notice published in the Gazette withdraw a council’s authorisation or change the conditions of its authorisation. The withdrawal of a council’s authorisation does not of itself affect any interim heritage order made before the authorisation was withdrawn.