Vocational Education and Training (Commonwealth Powers) Act 2010 No 131
(1) The initial VET matters are referred to the Parliament of the
Commonwealth, but only to the extent of the making of laws with respect to
those matters by enacting Acts in the terms, or substantially in the terms, of
the tabled text.
(2) Each continuing VET matter is referred to the Parliament of the
Commonwealth, but only to the extent of the making of laws with respect to the
matter by making express amendments of the national VET
(3) The operation of each of subsections (1) and (2) is not affected
by the other subsection.
(4) The reference of a matter under subsection (1) or (2) has effect
only if and to the extent that the matter is not included in the legislative
powers of the Parliament of the Commonwealth (otherwise than by a reference
for the purposes of section 51 (xxxvii) of the Constitution of the
(5) Despite any provision of this Act other than section 9 (4), a
reference under subsection (1) or (2) has effect for a period:
(a) beginning when the subsection under which the reference is made
(b) ending at the end of the day fixed under section 8 as the day on
which the reference is to terminate,
but not longer.