Division 1 Application and interpretation
5 Application of ACC laws to this State
(1) The ACC laws, as modified under this Act, apply as a law of this
State as if references in them to a federally relevant criminal activity were
references to a relevant criminal activity in so far as the serious and
organised crime is, or the serious and organised crimes are or include, an
offence or offences against a law of the State (irrespective of whether that
offence or those offences have a federal aspect).
(2) This section has effect in relation to the ACC laws as in force
for the time being.
6 Modification of ACC laws
(1) The regulations may modify the ACC laws for the purposes of this
(2) Without limiting subsection (1), the regulations may provide that
the ACC laws apply under section 5 (1) as if an amendment to the ACC
(a) made by a law of the Commonwealth, and
(b) specified in the regulations,
had not taken effect.
7 Interpretation of applied provisions
(1) The Acts Interpretation Act
1901 of the Commonwealth applies as a law of this State in
relation to the applied provisions as if the applied provisions were a
Commonwealth Act or were regulations under a Commonwealth Act, as the case
(2) The Interpretation Act
1987 of New South Wales does not apply in relation to the