Division 2 Authorised officers
126 Appointment of authorised officers
(1) The Director-General may appoint any:
(a) member of staff of the Department, or
(b) member of the NSW Health Service, or
(c) member, or member of staff, of a body prescribed by the
to be an authorised officer, either generally or in relation to any
particular function exercisable by authorised officers under this or any other
Act relating to public health.
(2) A local government authority may appoint any member of its staff
or a member of the staff of another government authority to be an authorised
officer, either generally or in relation to any particular function
exercisable by authorised officers under this Act or the Local Government Act 1993 relating
to public health.
(3) The Director-General, or a local government authority, may only
appoint a person as an authorised officer if the person has, in the opinion of
the Director-General or authority, appropriate qualifications or experience
for such an appointment.
127 Functions of authorised officers
(1) Subject to the terms of his or her appointment, an authorised
officer has such functions as are conferred or imposed on an authorised
officer by or under this or any other Act.
(2) An authorised officer appointed by a local government authority
may not exercise any such function except in relation to matters concerning,
or arising within, the authority’s area.