Gaming Machines Act 2001 No 127
67 Transfer of Authority’s functions in relation to
approved gaming machines
(1) The regulations may provide that any function of the Authority
under this Act in relation to approved gaming machines may be exercised by a
person other than the Authority.
(2) Any such regulation is to specify:
(a) the function of the Authority that is to be exercised,
(b) the person who may exercise the
(3) The regulations may make provision with respect to any matter that
is relevant to the exercising of a function of the Authority by a person other
than the Authority.
(4) If, in accordance with this section and the regulations, the
functions of the Authority in relation to authorising the keeping of approved
gaming machines are exercised by the CMS licensee, the CMS licensee may charge
a fee in connection with the exercising of those functions. The amount of the
fee, and the manner in which it is paid, is to be determined in accordance
with the arrangements entered into by the CMS licensee and the hotelier or
club to whom or which the authorisation relates.
(5) A delegation by the Authority under section 13 of the Gaming and Liquor Administration Act
2007 has no effect if it is inconsistent with a regulation
made in accordance with this section.
(6) This section does not apply to the functions of the Authority in
so far as they relate to the specification of technical standards for approved
gaming machines, linked gaming systems within the meaning of Part 10 or
equipment used in the connection of approved gaming machines to an authorised