Community Justice Centres Act 1983 No 127
21 Conduct of mediation sessions
(1) The procedure for commencing and conducting a mediation session at a Community Justice Centre is to be as determined by the Director.
(2) Mediation sessions shall be conducted with as little formality and technicality, and with as much expedition, as possible.
(3) The rules of evidence do not apply to mediation sessions.
(4) A party to a mediation session may be accompanied by or represented by another person.
(5) The Director or the mediator conducting a mediation session may exclude a person (other than a party to the mediation session) from attending, or continuing to attend the mediation session if, in the Director’s or mediator’s opinion, the presence of the person may frustrate the purpose or conduct of the mediation session.