33 Shares, units, derivatives and interests (marketable
(1) The rate of duty chargeable on dutiable transactions in respect of
marketable securities is 60 cents per $100, or part, of the dutiable value of
the marketable securities.
(3) A minimum rate of duty of $10 is chargeable under this section in
respect of a transfer of shares of a corporation that is not the legal or
beneficial owner of land in New South Wales.
(4) A rate of duty chargeable under this section does not apply to a
dutiable transaction that confers a land use
(5) If a provision of this Chapter provides that a duty of $50 is
chargeable in respect of a transfer of marketable securities, and the duty
charged at the rate provided for by subsection (1) would be less than $50, the
duty chargeable is that lesser amount.
(6) This section is subject to section 273, which provides for a
minimum duty of $10.
Note. Transactions in respect of shares or units that are quoted on the
Australian Stock Exchange or a recognised stock exchange, or interests in such
shares or units, are not dutiable transactions (see section 11