8A Vesting of land in New South Wales by statute
(1) Without limiting section 8 (1) (b) (vii), land in New South Wales
is vested under statute law if the law vests the land in an entity that the
law states is the successor in law of, continuation of or same entity as, the
entity in which the land was previously vested.
(2) However, land in New South Wales is not vested under statute law
on the registration of a company under Part 5B.1 of Chapter 5B of the Corporations Act 2001 of the
(3) The merger of a corporation (company A) with and into
another corporation (company
B) in circumstances where neither subsection (4) nor subsection (5)
applies is taken to be a vesting of the land in New South Wales of company A
in company B by statute law.
(4) A merger of corporations (the merging
corporations) in circumstances where another corporation (company C) results as a
consequence of the merger is taken to be a vesting of the land in New South
Wales of the merging corporations in company C by statute
(5) A merger of corporations (the merging
corporations) with and into each other in circumstances where each
of the merging corporations continues in existence is taken to be a vesting in
the merging corporations, jointly, of 50% (in value) of the land in New South
Wales of the merging corporations by statute law.