Part 2 Private Hospitals and Day Procedure Centres Advisory Committee
4 Constitution of Advisory Committee
(1) There is established by this Act a Private Hospitals and Day Procedure Centres Advisory Committee.
(2) The Advisory Committee shall consist of such number of members, not being less than 6, as the Minister may determine.
(3) The members shall be appointed by the Minister.
(4) Of the members:
(a) at least one shall be an officer of the Department of Health, and
(b) at least one shall be a person nominated by the Private Hospitals Association of New South Wales, and
(c) at least one shall be a person nominated by the Australian Medical Association (NSW) Limited, and
(d) at least one shall be a person nominated by the New South Wales College of Nursing, and
(e) at least one shall be a person appointed to represent the interests of health insurance organisations, and
(f) at least one shall be a person appointed to represent the interests of consumers.
(5) Schedule 1 has effect with respect to the members and procedure of the Advisory Committee.
5 Functions of Advisory Committee
The principal function of the Advisory Committee is to provide advice to the Minister on the following matters:
(a) the effective operation of this Act,
(b) proposed regulations,
(c) such other matters in respect of establishments as may be referred to it by the Minister.
6 Sub-committees of Advisory Committee
(1) The Advisory Committee may establish sub-committees to assist it in connection with the exercise of any of its functions.
(2) It does not matter that any or all of the members of a sub-committee are not members of the Advisory Committee.
(3) The procedure for the calling of meetings of a sub-committee and for the conduct of business at those meetings shall be as determined by the Advisory Committee or (subject to any determination of the Advisory Committee) by the sub-committee.