Part 2 Private Hospitals and Day Procedure Centres Advisory
4 Constitution of Advisory Committee
(1) There is established by this Act a Private Hospitals and Day
Procedure Centres Advisory Committee.
(2) The Advisory Committee shall consist of such number of members,
not being less than 6, as the Minister may
(3) The members shall be appointed by the
(4) Of the members:
(a) at least one shall be an officer of the Department of Health,
(b) at least one shall be a person nominated by the Private Hospitals
Association of New South Wales, and
(c) at least one shall be a person nominated by the Australian Medical
Association (NSW) Limited, and
(d) at least one shall be a person nominated by the New South Wales
College of Nursing, and
(e) at least one shall be a person appointed to represent the
interests of health insurance organisations, and
(f) at least one shall be a person appointed to represent the
interests of consumers.
(5) Schedule 1 has effect with respect to the members and procedure of
the Advisory Committee.
5 Functions of Advisory Committee
The principal function of the Advisory Committee is to provide
advice to the Minister on the following matters:
(a) the effective operation of this Act,
(b) proposed regulations,
(c) such other matters in respect of establishments as may be referred
to it by the Minister.
6 Sub-committees of Advisory Committee
(1) The Advisory Committee may establish sub-committees to assist it
in connection with the exercise of any of its
(2) It does not matter that any or all of the members of a
sub-committee are not members of the Advisory
(3) The procedure for the calling of meetings of a sub-committee and
for the conduct of business at those meetings shall be as determined by the
Advisory Committee or (subject to any determination of the Advisory Committee)
by the sub-committee.